The Campaign for Flexible School Admissions for Summer Born Children, or “Summer Born Campaign” was launched by parents, carers and professionals who believe that a summer born child should be allowed to start primary school in Reception class, aged five instead of aged four.
They have published a report (2014) which contains:
- Examples of unlawful and unfair policies and practices.
- Evidence of inconsistency, contradiction and errors in Department for Education publications and Ministers’ statements.
- Glossary of legislation that relates to school admissions.
- Detailed Admissions history.
- Examples of parents’ experiences.
You can read the full report here:
Summer Born Report: Compulsory School Age in England has been Lowered to 4 through an Unfair and Unlawful Summer Born Admissions Process