8:30am-3:30pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays
We are a new learning community in Croydon with spaces for children aged 6-10 years of age. Our vision is to create a community which excites and promotes interest based learning in the children. This is done through supporting children to be in control of activities they interact with via a sociocratic voting system at morning and afternoon meetings, and giving them space and time to engage with their interested task(s).
- Mornings offer exposure to Montessori style learning for those who wish to engage, whilst others are able to undertake their chosen tasks.
- The children are encouraged to exist together in a mutually respectful community, with community rules created and agreed on by the group.
- Conflict and disputes are addressed through discussion using the restorative justice method.
- As well as having our own indoor space with a large outside field for the children to play and explore, we are also surrounded by 60 acres of the Scouts owned woodland which can be hired to explore and do forest school style activities.
- We are in the process of registering for Ofsted registration to give parents access to government support with fee payments.
- FACILITATOR VACANCY:
We are currently recruiting for a lead facilitator. Ideally someone with a minimum level 3 equivalent qualification would be an advantage, but not compulsory (e.x. QTS, teaching assistant diploma, play work diploma, childcare diploma etc). The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS with barred list check, paediatric first aid and safeguarding training (which will be paid for by the company). They will also need access to their own car to transport resources to and from the site to our storage base. This is a paid role, £15/hour in a self-employed capacity, for 16 hours per week (working 8am-4pm, Tuesdays and Wednesdays). There is the option to change this to a p.a.y.e role if both parties agree.
- Please contact us with a cover letter and CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
Featherbed Lane, Croydon, Croydon, CR0 9AQ, United Kingdom
Progressive Education does not endorse any school or learning community within this website.